Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Happy New Year!


A year's end is neither an end
 nor a beginning but a going on, 
with all the wisdom 
that experience can instill in us. 

Hal Borland
 
While I agree with Hal, as a writer and publisher I must say that the end of a year feels like an end of a chapter and I am happily looking forward to the next one.
 
This blog is enjoying a growing popularity and I am grateful for all the support I receive from my readers.  For many of you this might have been a difficult year. Some of you may have noticed that this year I did not engage in controversial topics. 
 
There was so much sadness and negativity in the media in regard to the events that occurred in 2014 in many parts of the world, that I decided not to write about them. 
 
My decision was prompted not by indifference or a lack of engagement in current affairs, but by a heartfelt consideration for my readers who came to my blog for consolation and inspiration rather than a confirmation that something is horribly wrong in our societies. 
 
Like most of you I sincerely hope that the New Year brings a major change for many people. I hope that conflicts will be resolved without bloodshed, that all senseless abuse and suffering is gone, that love prevails over hatred, that no one will have to flee his home or go hungry... 
 
I wish you all the very Best in the coming New Year, but I would also like to remind you that success and happiness lie within you. Be the light you want to see in the world. Be the change you long for! 
 
Happy New Year To All! ~ Dominique