Wednesday, January 1, 2014

No Resolutions


I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me. - Anaïs Nin

If you are like many others or, at least, like many people I know, last year at this time you have made a list of New Year's resolutions. You promised yourself to eat less, exercise more, watch less television, read more books, spend less money, spend more time with your family, polish the family silver, plant a potager in your backyard, learn Italian... 

It is very possible that you have succeeded and did all these things and I congratulate you for your determination and resolve. But if this is not the case and you have abandoned your resolutions in the first two or three weeks of January, I suggest you stop making lists, stop making promises you cannot keep and start doing one thing at a time. 

Wishing everyone a happy and very successful year
- Dominique Teng, who will definitely read more and write less in 2104.

Dominique Teng©2014

Image source here